Introduction to IMF
International Ministerial Fellowship, an association of Christian ministers, is recognized by the IRS as a religious non-profit, is a member of the Evangelical Council on Financial Accountability (ECFA) and the National Association of Evangelicals (NAE) and is authorized to serve as an endorser for US military chaplains as well as various state and local prison and hospital chaplaincy departments. IMF also serves as a financial pipeline for missionaries serving in a number of countries.
Disclaimer: IMF is not a ministry placement organization or source of financial security for our applicants.
Note for Chaplaincy and Missionary candidates: Although it is necessary to be accepted as an IMF member as a first step in the endorsement/commissioning process, you are encouraged to begin by filling out the online Preliminary Information Form. This will allow the director for the appropriate department to know of your interest and begin interacting with you.
Step 2 - Download appropriate application (See list here). Read the application form carefully and as soon as possible, fulfill the below time-critical elements before proceeding to respond to the questions.
- On page 2, select the level of credentialing you feel best represents your current ministry and past experiences. Feel free to contact IMF to discuss the best fit for your circumstances.
- On page 6, provide IMF with six references including email addresses. Ask references to be on the lookout for reference forms from IMF.
- Send application fee of $140 to IMF.
- Request sending of college and graduate school transcripts to IMF.
- If resident in the US, provide for notarized. If overseas, signatures of two witnesses.
Step 3 - Complete and send in application. (Clergy track applicants, pay close attention to Biblical and theological page and question 25. See sample format for question 25.)
Step 4 - Read financial responsibilities, decide upon monthly faith pledge, sign..
Step 5 - Chaplain and missions candidates only: after receiving confirmation of acceptance into IMF, proceed to departmental applications.